Monday, August 10, 2015

Oil Painting Progress Shots



I like to paint broken pieces of glass in the sunlight and I'll keep trying it in lots of different compositions and colours.
 
Some progress shots on a recent oil painting.  I didn't start with a preliminary drawing on this one, just started with the basic forms and blocking it in.
 
 


Starting to lay in the background.  I didn't want to get too detailed with the glass before having to paint around all of the little pieces.

I went all over the place trying to decide what to do with this concrete background.  At one point I started painting the individual grains of sand in the concrete before I realized that wasn't working...
 

Close up of some of the texture.
 

Pretty much finished with it.  Like most of my oil pieces, after I put it away for a few weeks I inevitably see a few things I'd still like to change!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment